Savage x Fenty have dropped their first collection marking Pride.
The Savage X Pride campaign features:
- Ahmad Kanu – “Don’t worry about anyone else’s opinion, only your opinion matters, and everyone else’s is just second. You come first.”
- Aya Brown – “What does love mean to me? My grandma, my family, have defined love for sure. Teaching each other boundaries like how to love each other, how we want to be loved, and then learning from that. Black women have taught me what love is.”
- Dexter Mayfield – “Body positivity means every body is included. Whether you are fit, whether you are slim, whether you are fat, whether you are disabled, whether you are able, whether– no matter where you are on the spectrum as a human, that’s what body positivity means.”
- Eliseo Equihua – “Honestly what makes me feel boldly me is having a little bit of vanity. It’s kind of looked down upon and I feel like that’s sad because there’s nothing wrong with taking your appearance seriously. Being able to express myself the way I feel like it and being able to use my brown body as a form of expression.”
- Gigi Goode – “Joy is something you shouldn’t have to think about. It’s not something that you should have to practice, it’s not something that you should have to force. Joy is something that should come naturally.”
- Jaslene Whiterose – “I think that me sharing my story lets younger Trans women know that they can be as free as I am.”
- Jazzmyne Robbins – “If you are supporting people that are the ‘norm’ and bring in these high level photoshopped looks, if that’s how you rock, then that’s how you rock. But we also have to include everybody else on the spectrum and even if it’s not for you, you accept people no matter what.”
- Jazzelle Zanaughtti – “You have to love your body not just for what it looks like but what it does to you. It’s your vessel, it carries you throughout, it gets you throughout your day and you have to love and appreciate the things it does for you, as well as how it looks.”
- MaryV Benoit – “I try to have really open, honest conversations with everyone in my life, I want to just be open-hearted with everyone and I want them to understand where I’m coming from and where my community is from, and how they can support me and my friends and my loved ones.”
- Noah Carlos – “I told myself that I was always my best friend growing up, so I don’t think I would change anything. I always told myself I would do big things no matter what came with it, so I definitely wouldn’t change a thing.”
- Rahquise Bowen – “Love yourself for who you are, it is what it is. You’re strong, you’re powerful, you’re amazing. Nothing less.”
- Yusef Williams – “I think self-discovery, at the end of the day for me, was really important and it helped me to empower the younger generations and tell them, ‘Don’t be afraid to ask questions.’ I am here to tell them because I learned the hard way, but also, I am not mad at it. I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world.”
- Zachary Tye Richardson – “The biggest thing that has shaped who I am today is moving out of the deep South and moving into New York City, where I found people that look like me, talk like me, and have experienced some of the same things as me. Just the relatability of New York City has really opened my heart to so many different possibilities of who I can be and who I want to be.”
Shop the Pride collection at Savage X Fenty.
What's Your Reaction?
It's Lit 🔥0
Move to Trash 🚮0