Cookies are not on the list of essentials, however, of course we love them, and quite frankly need them!
The Easy Peasy Baking squad have come up with a recipe that even the most under-qualified home-bakers can endure!
Perfect for up-skilling with all of the spare time we currently have on our hands!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Makes 10 cookies
1. 300g plain flour
2. 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3. 120g salted butter (melted)
4. 225g light brown soft sugar
5. 1 egg
6. 20 squares of milk chocolate (you will need to buy a large bar)
What you will need:
- Mixing bowl
- Microwaveable bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Baking tray lined with baking paper
- Measuring spoons
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C.
2. In the mixing bowl, combine the flour and bicarbonate. Set to one side.
3. In the other bowl, melt the butter in the microwave and mix in the sugar before adding the egg. Add this wet mix to the dry flour mix and bring together with the wooden spoon to form a dough.
4. Divide the dough into 60g balls and place on the lined baking tray, leaving room to spread between each one. Push each ball down slightly then place in the oven for 6 minutes.
5. After the 6 minutes, take the cookies out of the oven, press 2 squares of chocolate into each one, rotate the tray then bake for a further 6 minutes.
6. Allow to cool slightly on the tray before serving.
Tip: You can keep the 60g dough balls in the freezer and when ready, bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown – so you always have cookies on hand!
You can follow the Easy Peasy Baking Campaign on socials: @fabflour on Facebook, @fab_flour on Instagram and @FABflour on Twitter.
You can find more Easy Peasy Baking information here: https://fabflour.co.uk/easy-peasy-bakes/.