The Easy Peasy Baking squad have come up with a recipe for cheese muffins (with sweetcorn and spinach) that even the most under-qualified home-bakers can endure!
Perfect for up-skilling with all of the spare time we currently have on our hands!
Cheese Muffins with Sweetcorn and Spinach – Makes 12 muffins
1. 175g plain flour
2. 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3. 150g pre-grated cheese
4. 50g baby spinach, shredded
5. 100g tinned sweetcorn, drained
6. 2 eggs
7. 150g unsalted butter, melted
8. 150ml/g milk
What you will need:
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Muffin tin
- Muffin cases x 12
- Measuring spoons
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the flour, bicarbonate, cheese, spinach and sweetcorn in the mixing bowl.
3. Add the eggs, melted butter and milk and mix it all together.
4. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cases.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm.
Tip: Don’t have spinach or sweetcorn? Experiment with your favourite fillings – chopped red pepper, onions or cubed ham make for delicious alternatives. You can also add finely chopped chili or chili pepper flakes to add a spicy kick!
You can follow the Easy Peasy Baking Campaign on socials: @fabflour on Facebook, @fab_flour on Instagram and @FABflour on Twitter.
You can find more Easy Peasy Baking information here: https://fabflour.co.uk/easy-peasy-bakes/.