Did you know that power bars are super easy to make, require no baking and are a great pre or post-workout snack? Treat yourself after exercising, or pop them into your pocket to take with you on-the-go; simples.
Here’s a quick recipe to get you on your way:
- 200g Dates (or a mixture of dates, sultanas, prunes or dried fruit).
- 180g Lizi’s High Protein granola.
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder mixed with 3 tablespoons of boiling water. Or, possibly 70% cocoa chocolate melted with soya/veg/sunflower margarine.
- 4 tablespoons of almond butter or peanut butter.
- 3 tablespoons of desiccated coconut.
- 1 tablespoon of oil – coconut or rapeseed, sunflower or olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon of runny honey, date syrup or agave nectar.
- Pinch of salt.
- Blitz the dates in a food processor or blender. If they are very dry, add 1 tablespoon of water (and only add two tablespoons to the cocoa).
- Mix the cocoa powder with the boiling water in a mug.
- Once the dates are sticky and smooth, add all of the other ingredients and blitz again.
- Line a baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Scrape in the mixture and press down very firmly. You will need to use your fingers to really push it down.
- Use your fingertips to press about 20g of Lizi’s High Protein granola on top.
- Chill for 2-3 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Use a large, sharp knife and slice into pieces. Wrap a few individual bars in non-stick baking paper so you can take them with you on your run or daily exercise!
Store in the fridge.
Lizi’s Breakfast Range is available from Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Ocado, Asda, Morrisons, Whole Foods, Co-Op, Booths and all good health stores.
The granola range includes: Digestive Health, Low Sugar, Low Sugar Maple & Pecan, High Protein, Gluten Free, Organic, Original, Belgian Chocolate, Treacle and Pecan, Passionfruit and Pistachio, Mango and Macadamia, Pink Apple and Cinnamon. Lizi’s has also launched Lizi’s Adventurers Granola Crispies for kids, available in Banana and Strawberry flavours.