We all have A LOT of time on our hands at present, so along with getting life admin up to scratch, it is a good chance to work on ourselves. Mental well-being, fitness and beauty regimes are great time fillers, and will help us feel, as well as look, better.
Missing your regular Beautician appointments? Never fear. Facialist Pietro Simone has written a step by step guide taking us through his unique facial massage techniques using his stunning products.
Step 1 – Cleanse
- Detoxify your skin using a richer cleanser first – this is to allow the skin to banish excess sebum and residues. After this, use a Foam Cleanser, massaging in for about 2 minutes in circular motions and then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- It might sound like a lot of work, but double cleansing primes the skin, creating a better environment for the next steps.
Step 2 – Exfoliate
- Due to being quarantined, you should have less of a problem with the sun! So, take this moment to exfoliate deeper, revealing a better texture, clearing up your pores, fine lines and overall you’ll have a more stimulated epidermis.
- I recommend using my Renewing Peel (£75) – it’s very effective and really boosts the skin. It brightens, revives and renews the skin compared to abrasive exfoliators such as scrubs that superficially retexture the skin.
- However, you can double exfoliate if you want to, using a scrub as well, but only if your skin isn’t too sensitive. Do this 3/4 days apart as an intensive renewal action, if you only have one, then use it twice a week followed with a very good mask.
- When doing the double exfoliation (if you want to) it’s a powerful way to renovate the top layer of your skin and due to this, the following steps are crucial.
Step 3 – Mask
- Having the time to apply a great hydrating antioxidant mask is pitch perfect, apply a generous layer and relax! Take this moment to mediate, watch your favourite movie or whatever makes you happy. Leave the mask on for about 30 minutes for your skin to absorb the antioxidants to the max and then rinse with warm water.
- My tip – place your hydrating mask in the fridge before you apply in order to enjoy a nice refreshing moment.
Step 4 – Massage
- Do you miss human contact? Well learn how to pamper yourself by massaging your own face. A nice face massage can be quite wonderful and still relaxing, but first apply a serum to your face to allow your skin to take in moisture and brighten your complexion.
- My tip – place two teaspoons in a little bowl of water in the fridge and leave overnight. You can then use the spoons to massage your eye area, revitalising and de-puffing the eye area.
Step 5 – Moisturise
- The key to skin health is keeping it hydrated, so if you have very dry skin, I recommend you moisturise on top of a serum – and even if you don’t have dry skin, just use a lighter moisturiser.
Shop Pietro Simone Skincare here.