COVID-19 has sent us into a fast food craving maniac mode! We all seem to want what we can’t have; standard.
Private members club Soho House have released the recipe to their delicious mac and cheese. Great news for non-members to taste a piece of members heaven!
Ingredients – to serve 4 people
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g plain flour
- 2.5ltr milk (infused with 1g nutmeg, 1 white onion – halved and spiked with 4 cloves – and 2 bay leaves overnight)
- 350g scamorza, shredded
- 350g mozzarella, shredded
- 350g strong cheddar, shredded
- 500g maccheroni pasta
- English mustard, to taste
- Cheddar and parmesan (for the topping)
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy based pan, then stir in the flour.
- Slowly add the milk until the mixture is smooth with no lumps
- Fold in all the cheese and gently cook until melted and stringy.
- Add the English mustard, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta, then set aside.
- Warm up the sauce, fold in the pasta and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Finish with some grated cheddar and parmesan, then place under the grill until golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!