Recipe extracted from Pink Lady Apples.
- 50g Butter, melted
- 25g Filo pastry sheets (approx. 24 cm x 25 cm)
- 397g tin dulce de leche
- 2 Pink Lady® apples, cored and finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoon caster sugar
- 20g Flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan oven/gas mark 6 and put a baking tray in the oven to preheat.
- Brush the inside of a loose bottom 20cm cake tin with a little melted butter.
- Put one sheet of filo pastry onto a clean work surface and brush all over with butter.
- Lay another sheet of filo pastry on top, slightly offsetting the corners.
- Repeat with butter and remaining filo pastry sheets.
- Take the filo pastry stack and use to line the cake tin, allowing the edges of the pastry to hand over the edge.
- Spread the dulce de leche all over the base of the pastry.
- Arrange the apple slices all over the top of the dulce de leche in circles, slightly overlapping the slices.
- Scrunch the over-hanging pastry over the top of the apples.
- Brush all over with a little butter, sprinkle with the sugar and almonds and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and pastry is cooked.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What's Your Reaction?
It's Lit 🔥0
Move to Trash 🚮0